Prior Learning Assessment (PLAR) for Grandparented Members
As you are aware, all Grandparented Class certificates will expire on April 1, 2018.
In order to transfer to the General Class, all Grandparented Class Members must:
- Successfully complete the Prior Learning Assessment (PLAR) Process no later than July 1, 2017 before applying to College for transfer to the General Class.
- Submit their transfer applications to the College as soon as they have successfully completed PLAR. The College will not accept any application after November 1, 2017.
Please find the following information about the PLAR process:
- Guide to Transfer from Grandparented Class to General Class
- Guide to Complete PLAR
- PLAR Completion and Transfer Application Timeline
- PLAR Application** Members must submit their PLAR application directly to Professional Testing at www.professionaltesting.ca , a third party, responsible for the administration and evaluation process on behalf of CTCMPAO.
- How to Register for PLAR
- Suggested References for Practitioners
- Frequently Asked Questions
Timeline to complete the PLAR process and apply to the College to Transfer to General Class
|What needs to occur?||When does this need to occur?||Comments|
|Complete the PLAR process||No later than July 1, 2017||PLAR Application is available at www.professionaltesting.ca. Demonstrate competencies through Case Study Assessment route or Academic Document Review route. Professional Testing will issue the results within 8-10 weeks.|
|Apply to Transfer to General Class||No later than November 1, 2017||Transfer Application can be found here.
Completing PLAR is but one step to transferring to the General Class. Members submit their application and applicable fees to the College and await a decision from the College. Complete applications will be processed within 3 to 4 weeks.
|Successful Transfer to General Class||No later than March 31, 2018||If Members have not transferred to the General Class by this date, his/her Grandparented Class Certificate will expire on April 1, 2018. The person must return the Display and Wallet Certificates to the College. He/she will no longer be a member of the College.|
Send all inquiries regarding the PLAR process, and the transfer from the Grandparented class of registration to the General class of registration to:
|Mail:||55 Commerce Valley Drive West, Suite 705|
|Thornhill, ON L3T 7V9|
In order to view and print the docutments on the website, you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Please follow the instructions to install the free Reader on your computer.