The law in Ontario requires that any person who does the following must be a registered member of CTCMPAO:
- Performs the following authorized controlled acts:
- Performs a procedure on tissue below the dermis and below the surface of a mucous membrane for the purpose of performing acupuncture.
- Communicates a TCM diagnosis identifying a body system disorder as the cause of a person's symptoms using TCM techniques.
- Uses the protected title(s) of “Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner” and/or “Acupuncturist” and designation(s) of “R. TCMP” and/or “R. Ac”.
- Holds him/herself out as a member of the CTCMPAO.
In order to practise as a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner and/or Acupuncturists, you must meet the registration requirements as set in the Ontario Regulation 27/13, Registration Regulation. One of the requirements include completing a full-time post-secondary program in traditional Chinese medicine. If you are considering enrolling in a school in Ontario, you may follow these tips on choosing a traditional Chinese medicine school.
Applicants may apply for the General Class of Registration, the General Class of Registration through Labour Mobility, and the Student Class.
Information on the application process, application forms and other resources for each class may be found by clicking below.
If you believe you have met all the requirements to enter a certain class, please download and complete the application form in full, attach all required documentations and the application and registration fee and mail to the CTCMPAO.