The College is seeking practitioners to serve as an Item Writer for the Pan-Canadian Examinations. As an Item Writer, you will be participating in the development of items for the examinations, as well as reviewing and editing remotely generated items.
Those interested must:
- Be currently in practice;
- Be registered and in good standing with the College;
- Possess TCM and Acupuncture expertise beyond the basic level, acquired either through education preparation or clinical experience;
- Possess strong knowledge of current practice for TCM and Acupuncture;
- Be able to think conceptually and to operationalize competencies into items;
- View the Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture process in broad, general terms;
- Practices in the profession, engaging in clinical practice that involves Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture;
- Think critically and creatively, and express ideas effectively both orally and in writing;
- Possess flexibility in using different approaches to solving problems;
- Be able to work collaboratively in a group (reaching a consensus, being able to receive feedback and constructive criticism); and
- Be able to write clearly in English and possess strong computer literacy
Those interested cannot:
- Be affiliated with an institution offering training in TCM or Acupuncture in the past 3 years;
- Participate in administering any portion of the exam;
- Engage in any business activities involving potential candidates of the examination, including offering continuing education courses.
Full details can be found in the Terms of Reference - Item Writing Committee.
The College will provide participants with a daily per diem, as well as cover all expenses for travel and accommodations.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration to email@example.com by March 1, 2020.