Role of the Registrar
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative/Executive Officer of the College reporting to the Council.
The prime responsibilities of the Registrar are to:
- Support the College and its committees to accomplish their statutory duties and other responsibilities;
- Direct management and operation of the College office;
- Carry out the Registrar’s statutory duties as set out in the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 and the Traditional Chinese Medicine Act, 2006, and Regulations under these Acts;
- Liaise with government, other Colleges and regulatory agencies, relevant professional associations and educational institutions;
- Communicate with members and the public to ensure understanding of the role and objectives of the College;
- Represent the College at external meetings relevant to the regulation of traditional Chinese medicine practitioners and acupuncturists.