The College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario is seeking volunteer reviewers for its education program approval process. If your background and experience qualify you for this work, then please consider applying to become one of CTCMPAO’s first reviewers for their new program approval of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Education programs in Ontario.
CTCMPAO worked closely with CARB-TCMPA and an advisory committee representative of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture (TCMA) educators and professionals from across the country to establish requirements for TCMA education program approval. Reviewers will conduct in-person and online reviews of education programs to gather evidence that determines how, and to what extent, the education programs meet the program approval requirements.
To do this work, a reviewer must
- Have in-depth knowledge of Pan-Canadian Standard for Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists: Entry-Level Occupational Competency Profile and performance indicators
- Commit to learning the CTCMPAO’s requirements for program approval
- Have had extensive experience working in a teaching or administrative capacity in a TCMA education program or extensive experience working as a registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Acupuncturist
- Have experience in quality improvement in a health-related field, or in education
- Have a relevant, post-secondary degree
- Have excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Be a collaborative team member
- Have demonstrated interviewing, recording, and reporting skills
- Be computer literate in word processing, online reporting tools, and email
- Be comfortable with long and short distance travel
- Understand and commit to the time-requirements of collecting a lot of information in a short period of time
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills, including listening skills, warmth, and flexibility
- Be impartial and fair, not influenced by emotions
- Be flexible and capable of dealing with ambiguity
- Have strong organizational skills
Applicants selected to become reviewers will be given training provided by Facilitated Improvement for Corporate Success (FICS). For this pilot project, reviewers will receive an honorarium for their work. More details in this regard will be communicated to applicants selected for training.
To apply for this volunteer position, send your resume or curriculum vitae, and a letter outlining how you meet the criteria listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the names and contact information for three current work references. Please state Program Approval Reviewer in the subject line of your email.
Reviewers are highly valued champions of the program approval process for TCMA Education. If you think you are a good fit for this position, then please apply by November 10th 2023.
We look forward to hearing from you!