The Canadian Alliance of Regulatory Bodies of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists (CARB-TCMPA) is seeking volunteer reviewers for its new accreditation program. If your background and experience qualify you for this work, then please consider applying to become one of CARB-TCMPA’s first reviewers for their new accreditation of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Education programs.
Over the course of the past couple of years, CARB-TCMPA has worked closely with an advisory committee representative of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture (TCMA) educators and professionals from across the country to establish requirements for a TCMA education program to become accredited. Reviewers will conduct in-person and online reviews of TCMA education programs to gather evidence that determines how, and to what extent, the education programs meet accreditation requirements.
To do this work, a reviewer must
- Have in-depth knowledge of Pan-Canadian Standard for Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists: Entry-Level Occupational Competency Profile and performance indicators
- Have had extensive experience working in a teaching or administrative capacity in a TCMA education program or extensive experience working as a registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Acupuncturist
- Have experience in quality improvement in a health-related field, or in education
- Have a relevant, post-secondary degree
- Have excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Be a collaborative team member
- Have demonstrated interviewing, recording, and reporting skills
- Be computer literate in word processing, online reporting tools, and email
- Be comfortable with long and short distance travel
- Understand and commit to the time-requirements of collecting a lot of information in a short period of time
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills, including listening skills, warmth, and flexibility
- Be impartial and fair, not influenced by emotions
- Be flexible and capable of dealing with ambiguity
- Have strong organizational skills
- Not be currently employed by, or affiliated with, an Ontario school that offers a TCMA program
Applicants selected to become reviewers will be given training provided by Facilitated Improvement for Corporate Success (FICS). For this pilot project, reviewers will receive an honorarium for their work. More details in this regard will be determined in November.
To apply for this volunteer position, send your resume or curriculum vitae, and a letter outlining how you meet the criteria listed above to email@example.com. Please include the names and contact information for three current work references.
Reviewers are highly valued champions of the accreditation of TCMA Education. If you think you are a good fit for this position, then please apply by Friday, December 2, 2022 at 5:00PM ET.
We look forward to hearing from you!