The College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario is now accepting applications to serve on the Dr. Title Working Group. Appointments are for a three-year term or until the phase of the work is completed.
Working under the direction of the Council and with the Registrar, the Working Group is expected to fulfill the following duties:
- Attend meetings and teleconferences throughout the year;
- Consider the background material and supporting documentation provided to it by the Registrar for the regulation development process;
- Propose an appropriate Work Plan and budget;
- Review and recommend regulation development projects and initiatives;
- Co-ordinate, follow-up, monitor and report on programs as project development and operations proceed;
- Provide any requested reports to Council on the activities of the working group.
Those interested must:
- Be a member of the College or public member of Council or non-Council member of the public
- Professional Members must have a minimum of 5 (five) years of clinical experience in the TCM profession;
- Non-Council members must demonstrate significant knowledge or experience relevant to the working group.
- Understand the RHPA, the Traditional Chinese Medicine Act, 2006 and the regulatory framework for healthcare professions in Ontario;
- Understand that the mandate of the College is to serve and protect the public interest;
- Comply with the Code of Conduct for Members of the Council and All Committees;
- Be familiar with the concept and process of developing competencies;
- Be available and committed to participating fully in the working group; and
- Be able to synthesize and analyze complex data and information;
- NOT be an owner, director, board member or officer in a TCM/Acupuncture Association or a director, owner, board member or officer in a TCM/Acupuncture School (public or private).
Full details can be found in the Terms of Reference – Doctor Title Working Group.
The College will provide participants with a daily per diem, as well as cover all expenses for travel and accommodations.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration to email@example.com by March 1, 2020.